Quality assurance and enhancement of education
At the Faculty of Social Sciences continuous quality management is conducted at both faculty and department levels. Here you will find a quick overview of how the quality assurance activities are organised at the faculty.
The faculty’s work on quality assurance and enhancement of education consists of a number of different processes:
- Establishment, revision and discontinuation of education
- Course evaluation and course evaluation reports
- Follow-up of operational plan
- Operational discussions with departments
- Quality discussions with departments
- Educational evaluations
The processes are based on:
- Policy for Quality Assurance at Lund University (PDF, new tab)
- The Swedish Higher Education Authority’s "Guidelines for reviewing the HEIs’ quality assurance processes” (PDF, new tab),
- and the European Guidelines Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (PDF, new tab)
The management of the faculty’s quality assurance and enhancement is carried out in close cooperation with the student union and doctoral student committee.
The students and doctoral students constitute an important resource through their involvement in the faculty’s boards and councils. The faculty works systematically for student influence by securing the students’ and doctoral students’ involvement in the evaluation and development of activities.
The quality group EQS
The quality group EQS (Education Quality, Social Sciences) works with quality assurance and enhancement in eduacation at all levels at the faculty.
+ 46 46 222 72 64
malin [dot] schatz [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se
+ 46 46 222 48 35
helen [dot] wiman [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se