Council for Educational Development
Term of office 3 February 2022 - 31 December 2023
The remit of the Council for Educational Development includes:
- Assessing applications for teaching qualifications and proposing to the Faculty Board which applicants are to be appointed as qualified or excellent teaching practitioners.
- Assessing applications for funding for education-related development initiatives/activities.
- Functioning as a bridge between the university-wide Council for Educational Development and the faculty’s teaching staff.
- Following up on and developing the faculty’s higher education teaching and learning initiatives in relation to internal faculty needs and needs brought on by changes in wider society.
- Monitoring the content of university-wide courses in teaching and learning in higher education, in relation to the needs of teaching staff at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The Council for Educational Development is appointed by the Faculty Board and consists of
- the dean responsible for first and second-cycle education (chair)
- the Faculty of Social Sciences’ representative in the universitywide Council for Educational Development (vice chair)
- five members who have achieved the qualification level of excellent teaching practitioner
- a student representative.
+ 46 46 222 48 93
marie [dot] steiner [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se