The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Activities abroad

Certificate of International Merits (CIM)

There are a wide variety of activities you can do abroad. It is required that your experiences are connected in some way to your studies and future profession. You will find examples here of activities along with the rules for when you want to use them within the Certificate of International Merits (CIM). To find out more about the department’s own activities, you can also get in touch with the contact person at your department.

Studying abroad

You can choose to do some of your educational studies abroad. Go out in sufficient time. Contact the International Office at the Faculty of Social Sciences to discuss your possibilities to study abroad. Start by reading about exchange studies.

Exchange studies

Work-study/internships abroad

At some departments you can choose to do your work experience placement (VFU) or your internship abroad. Contact the practicum/internship coordinator at your department for more information.

Data collection for thesis project studies

When writing your thesis or another academic paper, you can choose an international perspective on a topic.

Conference/workshop abroad with an international focus

The faculty and its departments regularly organises conferences/workshops with an international focus. Student organisations also offer conferences you can attend. It is also possible to find a conference that interests you on your own. But do not forget to get it approved if you plan to include it in your international portfolio.

Summer course with an international focus

During the summer, there are various different opportunities to take part in summer courses either via your educational programme, via the faculty or via a student organisation. Be out in sufficient time.

Summer courses -

Course on programmes in collaboration with a foreign higher education department

Some of the faculty’s educational programmes offer joint events with foreign higher education departments. For more information, get in touch with the CIM contact person at your department.

Faculty contact

Faculty International Office
outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se 

Department contacts

School of Social Work
Anneli Nielsen
anneli [dot] nielsen [at] soch [dot] lu [dot] se

Read more about CIM on School of Social Work's website

Service studies
Annika Permevik
studievagledning [at] ism [dot] lu [dot] se

Sociology of Law
Anna Sonander
anna [dot] sonander [at] soclaw [dot] lu [dot] se

Strategic Communication
Frida Hessel
frida [dot] hessel [at] isk [dot] lu [dot] se

Please note that CIM certificates do not apply to programmes that already have elements of international experience built into the syllabus.