Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Get started with CIM


As a student at the Faculty of Social Sciences, you can register for the Certificate of International Merits at any time during your academic studies. If you choose to seek a Certificate of International Merits, you alone are responsible for applying for and registering for activities that may be included in your international CIM profile.


Get in touch with the contact person for CIM at your Department, who will assist you further according to the structure of your Department.
In some Departments there is a CIM platform, where you get a digital portfolio to collect and document your activities:

Your portfolio of international activities

If your Department uses digital portfolios, gather your activities and reflections that you will do after each activity you have participated in. You should also document your participation in activities that you put into your portfolio.
If your Department doesn’t use a digital portfolio, learn how to register and document your activities. 
It is always important that you take responsibility for gathering all the information, documenting, and after each activity, jotting down your reflections, while you have it fresh in your mind.

Tips: Take a look at the International Opportunities on the University’s website and monitor your student e-mail Inbox.

Criteria for obtaining a certificate

  • You participate in at least three different types of activities with an international focus, of which at least one activity is abroad and at least one in Sweden. In some cases, an activity may consist of several sub-activities – refer to the FAQ.
  • You are enrolled at Lund University while you gather your international activities, and are registered as a student at the Faculty of Social Sciences when you apply for your degree.
  • You document your activities on your own in a digital portfolio (or the equivalent).
  • You write a summary final report, which includes approximately 3,000 words (excluding the cover page). This is sent to the contact person at your Department and assessed for quality.
  • Next, present your experiences to fellow students (according to the agreement you entered into with your Department). 
  • You will receive a Certificate when your final summary report has passed the quality assessment and you have presented your experiences to your fellow students.

Registering activities after participating in them

If you have participated in international activities during your educational studies, it is possible to register these afterwards. Keep in mind that you will need clear proof of attendance or participation.

The activities you want to be included in your international portfolio must be approved by the CIM contact person at your Department. See the Contact Information in the information box. 


CIM Faculty contact 

Faculty International Office
outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se 

Department CIM contacts

Sociology of Law
Anna Sonander
Anna [dot] Sonander [at] soclaw [dot] lu [dot] se

Service management & service studies
Annika Permevik
Studievagledning [at] ism [dot] lu [dot] se

School of Social Work
Ulrika Reichert
ulrika [dot] reichert [at] soch [dot] lu [dot] se
Department CIM information pages

Strategic Communication
Lena Rolén
Master [at] isk [dot] lu [dot] se

Cecilia Nygren
Studievagledare [at] isk [dot] lu [dot] se

Other departments not listed here will offer CIM gradually.