Admitted social sciences students 2020
Faculty of Social Sciences
A warm welcome to Lund University and the Faculty of Social Sciences! This page contains a collection of information that will be useful for you when you are preparing for your studies.
The 2020 autumn semester: both online and on campus
Education at Lund University may as of 15 June 2020 be conducted using both digital tools (online) and in adapted campus-based forms. In such activities, consideration is to be given to university-wide decisions and to the Swedish Public Health Agency’s rules, general guidelines and recommendations for a reduced spread of infection of Covid-19. Implementation is to be preceded by risk assessment concerning the risk of spreading infection.
The restrictions concerning a maximum of 50 people and social distancing remain in place. If campus-based teaching is not possible, due to the layout of the premises or other limiting factors, teaching is to be conducted using digital tools (online).
This means that most of the education at the Faculty of Social Sciences during the autumn semester of 2020 will be conducted using digital tools (online). When conducting campus-based teaching, reducing numbers in groups will be necessary. A distance of at least 1.5 metres is to be maintained between people at the same premises. Lectures intended for large student groups are to be held online. Teaching that includes practical, laboratory or aesthetic elements, as well as study trips, seminars and teaching sessions in small groups, may be conducted on campus, but in adapted forms.
Hence, it will not be possible to conduct all the faculty’s scheduled teaching components on campus. New students, along with international students (both degree students and incoming exchange students) are to be prioritised when it comes to campus-based teaching forms.
Form of studies for your course/programme
If you are a newly admitted student at a Faculty of Social Sciences course or programme, you will receive email based information from your coordinator on how your autumn semester is affected. Keep an eye on your email for the latest notifications!
FAQ for all newly admitted Lund University degree students and exchange students
These FAQ:s will be updated throughout 2020, be sure to check them out regularly at the University's main website.
Specific questions? Contact your academic advisor or coordinator
Your course/programme academic advisor or coordinator is your contact person during your studies. This person will inform you on course/programme-specific information.
Department of Communication and Media
- Courses in Media and Communication Studies
- Media and Communication Studies, Master of Science programme
Department of Gender Studies
- Courses in Gender Studies
Department of Human Geography
- Courses in Human Geography, Human Ecology and Development studies
- Development Studies, Bachelor of Science Programme
- Human Ecology - Culture, Power and Sustainability, Master of Science programme
- Human Geography, Master of Science programme
Department of Political Science
- Courses in Peace and Conflict Studies and Political Science
- European Affairs, Master of Science programme
- Welfare Policies and Management, Master of Science programme
Department of Psychology
- Courses in Psychology
- Psychology, Master of Science programme
Department of Service Management and Service Studies
- Courses in Service Studies
- Service Management, Culture and Creativity Management, Master of Science programme
- Service Management, Retail, Master of Science programme
- Service Management, Supply Chain Management, Master of Science programme
- Service Management, Sustainable Service Management, Master of Science programme
- Service Management, Tourism - Master of Science programme
Department of Sociology
- Courses in Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Cultural Criminology - Master of Science programme
- Social Anthropology, Master of Science programme
- Sociology - Master of Science programme
Department of Strategic Communication
- Courses in Strategic Communication
- Strategic Communication, Master of Science programme
Faculty Graduate School
- Courses in Method and Theory of Science
- Development Studies, Master of Science programme
- Global Studies, Master of Science programme
- Middle Eastern Studies, Master of Science programme
- Social Studies of Gender, Master of Science programme
School of Social Work
- Courses in Social Work
Sociology of Law Department
- Courses in Sociology of Law
- Sociology of Law, Master of Science programme
LUCSUS, Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies
- Courses in Sustainability Studies
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science, Master of Science programme
Virtual support room
In order to make you feel well prepared for the upcoming digital elements of the autumn semester a team consisting of various experts at the university will be on stand-by in a virtual zoom room on August to 27th 2020 between 12-17 to help you with practical and technical questions regarding your upcoming semester.
This includes activating your student account, how to use Zoom (often used for lectures online), academic support and academic advisors.
Welcome with your questions to https://lu-se.zoom.us/my/welcome2lu