The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Activities abroad

Certificate of International Merits (CIM)

There is a wide range of activities you can do abroad. Your experiences must be linked to your studies and future profession. Here you can find examples of activities and the rules for using them in the Certificate of International Merits (CIM). You can also contact your department's contact person to find out more about their own activities.

Studying abroad

You can choose to do part of your studies abroad. Contact the International Office at the Faculty of Social Sciences to discuss your study abroad options and please do this in good time. Start by reading about study abroad programmes on the International Office website.

Exchange studies

Work-study/internships abroad

At some departments you can choose to do your work experience placement (VFU) or your internship abroad. Contact the internship coordinator at your department for more information.

Data collection for thesis project studies

When writing your thesis or another academic paper, you can choose an international perspective on a topic.

Conference/workshop abroad with an international focus

The faculty and its departments regularly organises conferences/workshops with an international focus. Student organisations also offer conferences you can attend. It is also possible to find a conference yourself that interests you. But do not forget to get it approved if you plan to include it in your international portfolio.

Summer course with an international focus

During the summer, there are various opportunities to take part in summer courses either through your degree programme, through the faculty or through a student organisation. Please do it in good time.

Summer courses -

Course on programmes in collaboration with a foreign higher education department

Some of the faculty’s degree programmes offer joint events with foreign higher education departments. For more information, please contact the CIM contact person at your department.

Faculty contact

Faculty International Office
outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se 

Department contacts

School of Social Work
Roberto Scaramuzzino 
roberto [dot] scaramuzzino [at] soch [dot] lu [dot] se

Read more about CIM on School of Social Work's website

Service studies
Annika Permevik
annika [dot] permevik [at] ses [dot] lu [dot] se

Sociology of Law
Anna Sonander
anna [dot] sonander [at] soclaw [dot] lu [dot] se

Strategic Communication
Frida Hessel
frida [dot] hessel [at] isk [dot] lu [dot] se

Please note that CIM certificates do not apply to programmes that already have elements of international experience built into the syllabus.