to draw up research applications
PhD holders employed until further notice as senior lecturer or lecturer at the Faculty of Social Sciences, who do not have more than 30 percent of their position reserved for research, can apply for application months to draw up research applications.
There is a major need to free up time to develop well-prepared research applications. Researchers with ideas for new projects seldom have sufficient time to develop them into effective applications for external funding. Using parts of the direct government funding to enable this is seen as a long-term investment.
The application months are to be used to draw up research applications.
PhD holders employed until further notice as senior lecturer or lecturer at the Faculty of Social Sciences, who do not have more than 30 percent of their position reserved for research, can apply.
The support constitutes the cost of one month's full-time work.
A person who has been awarded funding can re-apply for application months no earlier than 18 months after the previous approval decision. Awarded funds are to be used at the latest 18 months after the decision date.
No later than 18 months after the decision date, a brief report is to be submitted that describes how the funds were used and whether the application has resulted in external funding.
How to apply
The application deadline is 15 February. Send the application to elin [dot] hermansson [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se.
Applications are also to include:
- a project description, maximum three pages
- CV listing research qualifications
- a plan for when and to which research funders the application is to be submitted
- the signature of the head of department (equivalent) certifying that the reduction in other work duties is possible.
Applications are assessed by a working group composed of the chair and at least one of the Research Council members. The decision on approved support is taken by the dean.
In order for an application to be considered, the following requirements must be met:
- The research question or problem to be studied must be clearly stated; it is not sufficient to describe an interesting research field.
- The problem posed is to be linked to theory in some way.
- It must be clear what type of methods the applicant assumes will be suitable for the study.
The task of the assessors’ group is to prioritise the applications that, besides meeting the requirements mentioned above, also:
- are deemed suitable for drafting into a competitive research application within the available time.
elin [dot] hermansson [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se