Teaching Qualitative Methods with Computer-assisted Qualitative Data Analysis software
The aim of this course is to prepare participants to incorporate Computer-assisted Qualitative Data Analysis Software (CAQDAS) in courses on qualitative data analysis at all levels in the faculty’s main fields of study.
The course corresponds to 5 weeks of full-time working hours, of which
- the first 3 represent a professional development course offered in parallel with the Graduate School course Qualitative Analysis and Coding (Using Software)
- the last 2 serve as a continuation course in the Faculty of Social Sciences’ qualifying training in higher education teaching and learning for university teaching staff.
Who can apply?
The course is open to teaching staff and doctoral students employed at Lund University. Precedence is given to staff at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Space permitting, staff at other higher education institutions may also be admitted.
Application period was 20 January - 1 April.
The course is comprised of lectures, laboratory exercises, workshops, and seminars. The majority of these are integrated with SIMM48: Qualitative Analysing and Coding (Using Software), with two extra seminars and associated readings focused on pedagogy.
- Friday 21 May, 09:15 – 12:00
- Wednesday 2 June, 09:15 – 12:00
Please note that if you have certain previous experience you enrol in the abridged two-week training in higher education teaching and learning course only.
This is if you have
- both qualitative analysis and a CAQDAS package corresponding to the learning outcomes above
- recent experience of having participated in or taught courses at the corresponding level.