The Research Board is a preparatory and advisory body to the Faculty Board on issues concerning research. Its task is to promote research at the faculty and serve as an information channel between the faculty and the department.
The Research Board is to prepare policy decisions on research issues to the Faculty Board and be an active party in research-related matters. In addition, it is to monitor the development of external research funding at the faculty and work to increase these. Members of the Research Board have the task to disseminate information and knowledge about calls for applications and research-related issues to employees at the departments/equivalent.
The Research Board’s tasks also include:
- serving as a consultation body for internal and external consultations
- organising qualified support for/review of research applications, which have progressed to stage two (equivalent)
- review applications and propose recipients of application months
- prioritise applications and nominations from the faculty
- make contributions to the faculty’s plan of operations.
Every department/equivalent appoints a representative to the Research Board. The board also includes a student representative. The chair is the dean, pro dean or vice dean.
+46 46 222 84 49
elin [dot] hermansson [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se