7. How to apply
Outgoing exchange students
Carefully consider what you would like to study during your exchange semester. Browse the universities websites and find out which universities are most interesting for you. Please make sure you find out if there are any restrictions concerning available subjects, language levels or other requirements.
Submit your application - always in English - via the application database Solemove.
Login to the application system Solemove using your student account username (LUCAT-ID) and password.
Application link to exchange studies in Solemove
Applications can only be submitted during application rounds. Late applications are not considered.
For current application periods, please see 2. Application periods and information meetings (opens in new window)
Due to Covid-19 we have to face more uncertainties than usual (there may be restrictions decided upon at a later stage). Should you receive an exchange offer and agree to be nominated for exchange studies, please note that the decision on final admission is always made by the host university.
1. Enrol in our CANVAS page "Application for Exchange studies 2022-2023"
You will find links to our Zoom information meetings, as well as detailed instructions on how to browse for universities and how to apply.
2. Search for available universities
- When in Solemove, click "Exchange destinations Abroad and feedback " to browse for universities (if you have started your application already, you might have to click the "home icon" in the top of the page to find the "Abroad" option).
- Compare with the list of universities and their study periods to make sure that we can offer an exchange the semester (Autumn or Spring) that fits your program/plans. The list can be found at our Canvas page, click here (opens in new window).
- Make sure to check the Info sheet of the university in Solemove to understand what subjects and courses are offered and if there are any restrictions of any kind (explained here, the Canvas page opens in new window).
3. Apply (with attachments)
For instruction manual on how to apply through Solemove, click here (opens in new window)
For Solemove related questions, please turn to LU system support through solemove [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se.
You can apply to up to ten universities in your application. Rank them in order of priority.
Your application should include the following attachments (all attachments should be written in English, you will find instructions for attachments below):
- Statement of Purpose
- Study plans
- Transcript of records
When you have completed your application and uploaded the attachments, you can submit your application. You can not change anything after you have sent in your application.
For detailed information on attachments, please make use of our open Canvas page, click here and select "Enrol in course".
Faculty International Office
Postal adress: Lund University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Sandgatan 13A, Building R, Gamla Kirurgen, Lund (map)
Due to the current situation, drop in / visiting hours are offered in Zoom.
You are also welcome to email us or give us a call!
Phone: +46 46-222 72 04
Visiting hours: Tuesday 10:00-12:00
Link to Zoom-meeting with Katarina:
Lu Yi Nilsson
Phone: +46 46-222 48 43
Visiting hours: Wednesday 13:00-15:00 cancelled, please contact Lu by email Outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se
Link to Zoom-meetings with Lu:
On leave of absence