The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

11. During your stay abroad

Outgoing exchange students

Register as an exchange student

Once you have arrived at your host university, it is your responsibility to register as an exchange student in Ladok/Student Portal.

Manual on how to register yourself as an exchange student (pdf, 334 kB, new window)

In case of emergency

The host university should be equipped to help you with most things – follow their instructions. In case of a serious event (natural disasters, political disturbances, etc.) you should also check the recommendations from your home Embassy and/or the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs (UD). Swedish embassies and consulates abroad can be contacted if necessary. After ensuring your safety, keep your relatives and your coordinator at Lund University informed!

Students insured through Kammarkollegiet can receive emergency assistance and repatriation here:

Falck TravelCare
Telephone: + 46 (0)8 587 717 49
Email: ftc [at] falcktravelcare [dot] se (ftc[at]falcktravelcare[dot]se)

Always contact Falck TravcelCare as soon as possible if you had an accident abroad (both within and outside EU/EEA). They will help you with advice on where to go and what to do and the claim will be easier to handle when you return. They can also help you with emergency travel and expensive emergency medical costs.

Changing your courses

Once you have arrived on location and you realise that the study plan you wrote needs to be revised (old courses have been cancelled, new ones added) you need to fill in Changes to Learning Agreement.

If your credits are only to be transferred, you are free to make changes to your choice of courses, as long as the courses can be deemed relevant to your degree programme. In that case, contact your coordinator in Lund and inform them of the changes. Attach a course description and a reading list for each new course. You can then decide together on a new combination of courses.

Apply for courses before you come home

Do not forget to apply for studies for the semester following your return. You do this this as usual via

More information

During your stay abroad -



E-mail: outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se

Visiting address: Sandgatan 13A, Building R, Gamla Kirurgen, Lund (map)

Katarina Follin
Phone: +46 46-222 72 04
Visiting hours: Tuesday 10:00-12:00
Link to Zoom-meeting with Katarina

Nina Kusche
Phone: +46 46-222 48 43
Visiting hours: by appointment