Departments and units
Faculty of Social Sciences
The Faculty of Social Sciences is home to ten departments, three research centres and a joint faculty Graduate School. The departments are housed in the cities of Lund and Helsingborg.
The links below go to the departments' websites.
- Department of Communication and Media
- Department of Gender Studies
- Department of Human Geography
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Service Studies
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Strategic Communication
- School of Social Work
- Sociology of Law Department
Research centres and networks
The links below go to the research centres' and networks' websites.
- Centre for European Studies
- Centre for Advanced Middle Eastern Studies
- LUCSUS, Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies
- SASNET, Swedish South Asian Studies Network
Graduate School offers faculty joint and interdisciplinary Master's programs and several Master level courses.
Departments in Helsingborg and Lund
The majority of Social Sciences departments are located in the Paradis (Paradise) area in central Lund, next to the University main building and Lundagård.
The Department of Media and Communication is located at the SOL-centre next to the University Library. The Department of Human Geography is located at Geocentrum II, Sölvegatan. The Centre for Middle Eastern Studies is situated at Finngatan and LUCSUS at Biskopsgatan.
The Department of Service Management and the department of Strategic communication are both located at Campus Helsingborg, at Universitetsplatsen 2.