Individual study plans
The Higher Education Ordinance (HEO Chapter 6 Section 29) states that
“An individual study plan shall be drawn up for each doctoral student. This plan shall contain the undertakings made by the doctoral student and the higher education institution and a timetable for the doctoral student's study programme. The plan shall be adopted after consultation with the doctoral student and his or her supervisors.”
The university has decided that the individual study plan is to include:
- name and personal identity number
- research studies subject and the general syllabus for the intended degree
- date of admission and date of decision and any amendments
- intended degree with title
- general annual schedule for the programme, courses completed, thesis work completed, estimated date for the public defence of the thesis, departmental duties
- maintenance plan for the estimated period of study
- details of the supervisor and assistant supervisor(s) as well as the extent of the supervision
The Faculty Board has ultimate responsibility for research studies and takes the final decision on the individual study plan in case of disagreement.
The ISP system
The ISP system is a web-based system for managing the individual study plans. The individual study plan is established and revised by the principal supervisor and the PhD student, reviewed and approved by the examiner (Director of PhD studies), and finalized by the Head of Department.
Log in to the ISP system:
Internal users – log in with your Lucat ID
External users – log in here with your ISP-password
PhD students are automatically granted access to the ISP system upon admission.
The authorisation for supervisors, examiners and Heads of Department to access the system is established by the ISP administrator at each department.
Contact and support
isp.support [at] education.lu.se